Thursday, November 12, 2009

Paranormal Activity Ad

The ad I analyzed was the trailer for the movie Paranormal Activity. I think this commercial is genius and I have to admit that I went to go see the movie based solely on the trailer. The trailer uses filmed audience reactions from an early screening of the movie, and people in the audience seem like they're losing their minds they are so scared. I love being scared, and I love scary movies, unfortunately I haven't been scared at a movie in a long time. Seeing the reactions of people jumping out of their seats,biting their nails, and pulling their hair out made me envious, I wanted to be that scared too. The obvious solution, go see paranormal activity. After seeing the movie I appreciated the commercial even more. The movie itself has very few scary scenes, so the editors of the ad must have used most of the reactions from the same parts of the movie, put together in a way to make it seem as though the movie will have you jumping out of your seat the whole time.


No comments:

Post a Comment